The objective of the study is to find out the effect of specific table tennis training on the selected skill performance variables of school boys. For this study, twenty school boys were randomly selected from the S.S.M. Lakshmiammal Matric.Hr.Sec.School. Komarapalayam, Namakkal, Tamilnadu. The selected subjects were considered as only one group. The following criterion variables were selected for the study such as skill performance variables namely, target service and alternate counter. The training period would be the six weeks except Saturday and Sunday of every week. ‘t’ ratio was calculated to find out the significant of the difference between the mean of pre and post tests of the group. The level of significance for the study was chosen as 0.05. It was concluded that the skill performance variables namely target service and alternate counter were significantly improved due to the treatment of specific table tennis training.
KeywordsTable Tennis Taret Service Alternate Counter
- E. Ak, S. Koçak, Coincidence anticipation timing and reaction time in youth tennis and table tennis players, Percept Mot Skills, 110 (2010) 879-87.
- C. Ferrand, A naturalistic study of the directional interpretation process of discrete emotions during high-stakes table tennis matches, Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 31 (2009) 318-36.
- E. Jafarzadehpur, M. R. Yarigholi, Comparison of visual acuity in reduced lumination and facility of ocular accommodation in table tennis champions and nonplayers, Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 3 (2004) 44-8.
- M. Kondrič, A. M. Zagatto, and D. Sekulić, The physiological demands of table tennis: a review, Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 12 (2013) 362-370.
- Y. Iino, T. Kojima, Kinetics of the upper limb during table tennis topspin forehands in advanced and intermediate players, Sports Biomech,10 (2011) 361-77.
- Y. Iino, and T. Kojima, Kinematics of table tennis topspin forehands: effects of performance level and ball spin, J Sports Sciences, 27 (2009) 1311-21.
- W. Liu, C. Zhou, L. Ji, and J. C. Watson, The Effect of Goal Setting Difficulty on Serving Success in Table Tennis and the Mediating Mechanism of Self regulation, Journal of Human Kinetics, 33 (2012) 173-85.
- W. Marinovic, C. A. Iizuka, A. M. Freudenheim, Control of striking velocity by table tennis players, Percept Mot Skills, 99 (2004) 1027-34.
- G. Martinent, C. Ferrand, A naturalistic study of the directional interpretation process of discrete emotions during high-stakes table tennis matches, Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 31 (2009) 318-36.
- I. Malagoli Lanzoni, R. Di Michele, F. Merni, A notational analysis of shot characteristics in top-level table tennis players, Eur Journal of Sport Sciences, 14(4) (2014) 309-17.
- M. Kondrič, A. M. Zagatto, D. Sekulić, The Physiological Demands of Table Tennis: A Review, Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 12 (2013) 362-370.
- S. Rusdorf, G. Brunnett, M. Lorenz, and T. Winkler, Real-time interaction with a humanoid avatar in an immersive table tennis simulation, IEEE Trans Vis Computer Graph, 13 (2007) 15-25.
- C. Sève, Elite athletes' sensitivity to context: the case of a change in scoring system in table tennis. Percept Mot Skills, 99 (2004) 1274-6.
- V. Sørensen, R. P. Ingvaldsen, H. T. Whiting, The application of coordination dynamics to the analysis of discrete movements using table tennis as a paradigm skill, Biological Cybernetics, 85 (2001) 27-38.
- C. Sève, J. Saury, L. Ria, and M. Durand, Structure of expert players' activity during competitive interaction in table tennis, Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 74 (2003) 71- 83.
- J. Sindik, S. Missoni, A comparison of two conative characteristics of top basketball and recreational table tennis players, Collegium Antropologicum, 37 (2013) 187- 96.
- D. Van Biesen, J. Verellen, C. Meyer, J. Mactavish, P. Van de Vliet, and Y. Vanlandewijck, The ability of elite table tennis players with intellectual disabilities to adapt their service/return, Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly, 27 (2010) 242-57.
- H. Zhang, W. Liu, J. J. Hu, and R. Z. Liu, Evaluation of elite table tennis players' technique effectiveness, Sports Sciences, 31 (2013) 1526-34.