Present study examined the relationship between Service and Repeated Volley Skills among Volleyball Players. Total twenty five (N-25) female volleyball players their age ranged from 17 to 19 years were selected as subject from Navodaya Vidyalaya School, Sector25, Chandigarh. Service and Repeated Volley abilities were measured by administrating RussellLange Volleyball Skill Test. The data was analyzed statistically by computing Pearson Product Moment Correlation method to find out the relationship between service and repeated volley skills among female volleyball players. Results revealed the significant relationship between service with repeated volleys as the coefficient of correlation value of .593 was statistically significant at 0.01 level.
KeywordsService Repeated volley Volleyball players
- K.K. Sandhu (1989) A test construction study of motor fitness for college females in volleyball, (Ph.D. Thesis) Punjab University, Chandigarh, Punjab, India.
- A. T. Puni, (1980) Outlines of sports psychology, Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala: Abridged by G.S. Sandhu, 121-135.
- H. A. Toyoda (1971) Training theory for volleyball in japan, YorkScarborough: Canadian Volleyball Association Publication.
- D. S. Shondell, The relationship of selected motor performance and anthropometric measurement to successful volleyball performance, Dissertation Abstracts International, 32 (1972) 5026.
- A. S. Jackson, Factor analysis of selected muscular strength and motor performance tests, ResearchQuarterly. American Association for Health, Physical Education and Recreation, 42 (1971) 164-172.
- G. Disch, and J. Disch, Predictive analysis of a battery anthropometric and motor performance tests for classification of male volleyball players, Volleyball Technical Journal, 4 (1978) 93-98.
- R. N. Singer (1975) Motor learning and human performance, UK: Macmillan publishing, 35.
- J. G. Nicholls, The Development of the Concepts of Effort and Ability, Perception of Academic Attainment, and the Understanding That Difficult Tasks Require More Ability, Child Development, 49 (1978) 800-814.
- G. S. Sandhu (1982) Volleyball basic and advanced, Chandigarh: The Sports People, 3-4 & 34.
- S. Gill (1986) A study of correlation between motor fitness tests and skill development in the game of volleyball at the school level, Unpublished (M. Phil Thesis) Government College of Physical Education, Punjab: Punjabi University, Patiala.