Sports are the physical activities that named according to their respective ways of playing. There is a misleading concept regarding sports that only players can participate in physical or sports activities. But the true is that as the science and technology has made individual to rely on machines, its becomes necessary for all to take part in any kind of physical and sports activities to escape one from the hypo kinetic disorders and to keep physical fitness and wellness. This study has analyzed the role of sports in relation to maintain and promote physical fitness and wellness.
KeywordsSports Physical fitness Wellness
- Marja Äijöa, Markku Kauppinen,Urho M. Kujala,Terttu Parkatti, Physical activity, fitness, and all-cause mortality: An 18-year follow-up among old people, Journal of Sport and Health Science, 5 (2016) 437–442.
- Mary Story, Marilyn S. Nanney, Marlene B.Schwartz, Schools and Obesity Prevention: Creating School Environments and Policies to Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity, The Milbank Quarterly, 87 (2009) 71-100
- Katrine Nyvoll Aadland ,Vegard Fusche Moe, Eivind Aadlanda, Sigmund Alfred, Anderssen, Geir Kåre, Resalanda, Yngvar, Ommundsen, Relationships between physical activity, sedentary time, aerobic fitness, motor skills and executive function and academic performance in children, Mental Health and Physical Activity, 12 (2017) 10-18.
- Dr.Ajmer Singh, Dr.Jagadish Bains, Dr. Jagtar Singh Gill, Dr R. Singfh Brar, (2008) Essential of Physical Education. Jalandhar, India: Kalyani Publications.
- Dr. V.K. Sharma, (2008) Health and Physical Education, New Delhi, India: Saraswati House Pvt. Ltd.
- F. Trudeau, R.J.Shephard, Physical education, school physical activity, school sports and academic performance, International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 5 (2008).
- Gorobets Alexander, Promotion of sports, physical activity, and a healthy lifestyle in Russia, The Lancet, 385 (2015) 2459.
- Timo A. Lakka, Juha M. Venalainen, Rainer Rauramaa, Riitta Salonen, Jaakko Tuomilehto, and Jukka T. Salonen, Relation of Leisure-Time Physical Activity and Cardiorespiratory Fitness to the Risk of Acute Myocardial Infarction in Men, The New England Journal of Medicine, 330 (1994) 1549-1554.