Sports have become an integral part of society. The coaches and trainers all over the world are aspiring for better result of their trainers. This can be made possible by conducting studies on the relationship of motor ability and level of skill of the player with their playing ability. The purpose of the study was to find out relationship of soccer playing ability with the selected physical fitness component. The study was delimited to 150 male inter college level player is age group of 19-25 year. The subject was selected from the inter college soccer matches of three university of Punjab. The data was collected during the inter college matches of soccer. The Pearson?s product moment correlation coefficient (r) method was used. The level of p?0.05 was considered significant. The result show significant relationship of playing ability with sprinting speed, agility, endurance and flexibility
KeywordsPhysical Fitness Inter College Soccer Players
- H. Inklaar, Soccer injuries. I: incidence and severity, Sports medicine, 18(1) 55–73.
- J. Bangsbo, and L. Michalsik, Assessment of the physiological capacity of elite soccer players. In: science and soccer IV. W. Spinks, T. Reilly, and A. Murphy (Eds.) London: Routledge: 53– 62. (2002)
- Prins and Jan, Histological changes in human skeletal muscle with isokinetic strength training at two distinct limb speeds, (Ph.D. Thesis) Indiana University, 39(A) (1978) 4123.
- R. Stevans, Isokinetic vs. Isotonic training in the development of lower body strength and power, Scholastic Coach, 49 (1980) 74-76.
- F. Taiana, J.P. Grehaigne, G. Cometti, The influence of maximal strength training of lower limbs of soccer players on their physical and kick performances, Science and Football, (eds., T.Reilly, J.Clarys and A.Stibbe) E & F.N. Spon, London, (1993) 98- 103.
- E. De Proft, J. Cabri, W. Dufour, J. Clarys, Strength training and kicking performance in soccer players. In Science and football, (Edited by Reilly T, Lees A, Davids K, Murphy W) 109-113, (1988) London, UK: E. and F. N. Spon,
- Nagerkoti, Nandan Singh, Effect of twelve weeks specific training based on periodization on skill and fitness level of National Junior Basketball Players, (Unpublished Master’s Thesis) (1989) SAI, N.S.N.I.S., Patiala.
- Bala Suman, Modification and Evaluation of selected specific speed endurance test of basketball, (Ph.D. Thesis) (2000) Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
- Malhotra, M.S. Singh, R. Rai. And H.S Sodhi, Evaluation of general physical fitness of national level sportsmen, SNIPES Journal, 4 (1979) 4-9.
- S. Subramanian, Comparison of Training Effect on Physical Fitness and Performance through Pre-competitive and off-season Programme on selected College Basketball Players, (Master’s Thesis) (1981) N.S.N.I.S., Patiala.
- G. Cometti, N. A. Maffiuletti, M. Pousson, J.C. Chatard, and N. Maffulli, Isokinetic strength and anaerobic power of elite, subelite and amateur French soccer players. International Journal of Sports Medicine, 22 (2001)45-51.
- D. Rösch, R. Hodgson, T.L. Peterson, T. Graf-Baumann, A. Junge, J. Chomiak, J. Dvorak, Assessment and evaluation of soccer performance, American Journal of Sports Medicine, 28(5 Suppl) (2000) S29-39.
- E.G. Russo, G. Gruppioni, P.Gueresi, M.G. Belcastro and V. Marchesini. Skinfolds and Body Composition of Sports Participants, Journal Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness, 32(3) (1992) 303-313.
- H. Gauffin, J. Ekstrand, L. Arnesson, and H. Tropp, Vertical jump performance in soccer players: a comparative study of 2 training-programs, Journal Human Movement Studies, 16 (1989)159–176.