The circuit resistance training is high intense and high load repetition training method completed on different sport modalities for wrestling women. A total of 10 wrestling women age mean 17 yr, height 1.63 m, body mass 54 kg, training experience 10 yrs participated in this study. Equipment and methods: To circuit resistance training determined on 1RM maximal test, gradually increase rapid strength production and lower leg power to CMJ and SJ actualized on six resistance exercises; a) hip flexion (HP), b) ankle inversion (AI), c) squat (SQ), d) hip extension (HE), e) deadlift (DE), and f) ankle eversion (AE) for wrestling women athletes on team professional sport performance. The lower compartment circuit resistance training was provided on advanced maximal load and power performance by 85% of 1RM (6 rep) high training load and (10 repetition – 20 s interval) intensity. Compared to Pre-test and Post-test that lower compartment resistance training concluded increased maximal strength for acute training load repetition and rapid strength load lifting performance and lower leg power resulted to CMJ decreased for wrestling and SJ increased for wrestling, circuit resistance training promoted high resistance load variability and minimum short time recovery on the one session non-periodic exercises performance with strength and power development. Other, experimental results for different sport modalities may be performing on maximal strength and power performance change in short recovery training phase for minimum effort rapid strength performance.
KeywordsCircuit Resistance Training, Maximal Strength, Lower Leg Power, Rapid Strength Production, Wrestling, Muay Thai Athletes,
- Alcaraz, P.E., Perez-Gomez, J., Chavarrias, M., Blazevich, A.J. (2011). Similarity in adaptations to high-resistance circuit vs. traditional strength training in resistance-trained men. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 25(9), 2519-2527.
- Alcaraz, P.E., Sánchez-Lorente, J., Blazevich AJ. (2008). Physical performance and cardiovascular responses to an acute bout of heavy resistance circuit training versus traditional strength training. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research (JSCR), 22(3), 667-671.
- Chtara, M., Chaouachi, A., Levin, G.T., Mustapha C., Karim C., Mohamed A., Paul B.L., (2008). Effect of concurrent endurance and circuit resistance training sequence on muscular strength and power development. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research (JSCR), 22(4), 1037-1045.
- Freitas, T., Calleja-González, J., Alarcón, F., Alcaraz P.E. (2016). Acute effects of two different resistance circuit training protocols on performance and perceived exertion in semiprofessional basketball players. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research (JSCR), 30(2), 407-414.
- Glatthorn, J.F., Gouge, S., Nussbaumer, S., Stauffacher, S., Impellizzeri, F.M., Maffiuletti, N.A. (2011). Validity and reliability of optojump photoelectric cells for estimating vertical jump height. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research (JSCR), 25(2), 556-560.
- Gonçalves, B.A.M., Mesquita, R.N.O., Tavares, F., Brito, J., Correia, P., Santos, P., Mil-Homens, P., (2022). A new portable device to reliably measure maximal strength and rate of force development of hip adduction and abduction. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research (JSCR), 36(9), 2465-2471.
- Hernández-Davo, J.L., Sabido, R., Moya-Ramon, M., Blazevich, A.J. (2015). Load knowledge reduces rapid force production and muscle activation during maximal-effort concentric lifts. European journal of applied physiology, 115(12), 2571-2581.
- Hopkins, W.G., Marshall, S.W., Batterham, A.M., Hanin, J. (2009). Progressive statistics for studies in sports medicine and exercise science. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 41(1), 3-13.
- Jaric, S., Ugarkovic, D., Kukolj, M. (2002). Evaluation of methods for normalizing muscle strength in elite and young athletes. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness, 42(2), 141-151.
- Lawson, C., Mundy, P., Lyons, M., Duncan, M.J. (2021). Optimal loading for force production in the straight bar deadlift: force-time characteristics in strength-trained adults. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 35(6), 1636-1641.
- Marx, J.O., Ratamess, N.A., Nindl, B.C., Gotshalk, L.A., Volek, J.S., Dohi, K., Bush, J.A., Gomez, A.L., Mazzetti, S.A., Fleck, S.J., Hakkinen K., Newton, R.U., Kraemer W.J., (2001). Low-volume circuit versus high-volume periodized resistance training in women. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 33(4), 635-643.
- Oliveira, F.B., Oliveira, A.S., Rizatto, G.F., Denadai, B.S. (2013). Resistance training for explosive and maximal strength: effects on early and late rate of force development. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 12(3), 402-408.
- Ortego, A.R., Dantzler, D.K., Zaloudek, A., Tanner, J., Tahir, K., Panwar, R., Hollander, D.B., , Kraemer, R.R. (2009). Effects of gender on physiological responses to strenuous circuit resistance exercise and recovery. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 23(3), 932-938.
- Ramos-Campo, D.J., Martínez-Guardado, I., Rubio-Arias, J.A., Freitas, T.T., Othalawa, S., Andreu, L., Timon, R., Alcaraz, P.E., (2021). Muscle architecture and neuromuscular changes after high-resistance circuit training in hypoxia. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 35(11), 3035-3040.
- Rhea, M.R. (2004). Determining the magnitude of treatment effects in strength training research through the use of the effect size. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 18(4), 918-920.
- Schoenfeld, B.J, Grgic, J., Van Every, D.W., Plotkin, D.L., (2021). Loading recommendations for muscle strength, hypertrophy, and local endurance: a re-examination of the repetition continuum. Sports (Basel), 9(2), 3-25.
- Suchomel, T.J., Nimphius, S., Stone, M.H. (2016). The Importance of muscular strength in athletic performance. Sports Medicine, 46(10), 1419-1449.
- Turner, A., Comfort, P., McMahon, J., Bishop, C., Chavda, S., Read, P., Mundy, P., Lake, J. (2020). Developing powerful athletes, part 1: mechanical underpinnings. Strength and Conditioning Journal, 42(3), 30-39.
- Waller, M., Miller, J., Hannon, J. (2011). Resistance circuit training: Its application for the adult population. Strength and Conditioning Journal, 33(1), 16-22.