The present study was undertaken to assess and compare the self-efficacy of boxers, weightlifters and wrestlers. For this present study, total two hundred forty sportsmen of different colleges of Himachal Pradesh University were randomly drawn to act as subjects. Out of these, eighty male boxers, eighty male weightlifters and eighty male wrestlers were selected to act as subjects. Only those sportsmen were selected, who participated in inter college competitions. The Hindi version of general self-efficacy developed by S. Sud, Schwarzer and Jerusalem (1998) was used to collect data regarding self-efficacy. Mean and standard deviation, analysis of variance (ANOVA) and Tukey Post Hoc Test were used as statistical techniques. It is found that there was significant difference regarding self-efficacy between boxers, weightlifters and wrestlers. Boxers possessed higher level of self-efficacy than weight lifters.
KeywordsSelf-Efficacy, Boxers, Weightlifters, Wrestlers,
- D. Feltz, Gender Differences in the Causal Elements of Self-Efficacy on a High Avoidance Motor task, Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 10 (1988) 151-166.
- A. Bandura, The explanatory and predictive scope of self-efficacy theory, Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 4 (1986) 359-373.
- R. Kanfer, Motivation and individual differences in learning: An integration of developmental, differential and cognitive perspectives, Learning and Individual Differences, 2 (1990) 221- 239.
- M. E. Gist, T.R. Mitchell, Self-Efficacy: A theoretical analysis of its. Determinants and Malleability, Academy of Management Review, 17 (1992) 183- 211.
- A. W. Astin, Student involvement: A development theory for higher education, Journal of College Students Development, 25 (1984) 518-529.
- A. B. Hood, A. F. Craig, B. W. Fergusen, The impact of athletics, part time employment, and other activities on academic achievement, Journal of College Student Development, 33 (1992) 447-453.
- S. Sud, R. Scwarzer, M. Jerusalem (1998) Hindi Version of General Selfefficacy Scale, Varanasi: