The objective of the study is to find out the analysis of selected psychological variables between the athletes and athletes with disabilities. For this study forty normal athletes and forty athletes with disabilities were selected from Coimbatore, Madurai, Viruthunagar districts. Tamil Nadu. India. Their age ranged from 17 to 35 years. Each group was tested in psychological variables like cognitive anxiety, somatic anxiety, self-confidence, motivation, physical activity by the standardized questionnaire. Anxiety was analyzed by Illions anxiety and self-confident questionnaire. Self-confident was analyzed by Illions anxiety and self-confident questionnaire. Motivation was analysed by Illions sports achievement motivation test questionnaire. "t" ratio was calculated to find out the significant of the difference between the mean of athletes group and athletes with disabilities group. The level of significance for the study was chosen as 0.05. It is conclude that the psychological variable of cognitive anxiety is insignificant between athletes and athletes with disabilities. The psychological variable of somatic anxiety was insignificant between athletes and athletes with disabilities. The psychological variable of self-confidence was insignificant between athletes and athletes with disabilities. The psychological variable of motivation was insignificant between athletes and athletes with disabilities.
KeywordsAthletes Athletes with disabilities Somatic anxiety Cognitive anxiety Self-confident Motivation
- Y.C. Porto, M. Almeida, C.K. de Sá, P.A. Schwingel, C.C. Zoppi, Anthropometric and physical characteristics of motor disabilited paralympic rowers, Research in Sports Medicine, 16 (2008) 203-212.
- S.R. Bray, K.A. Martin and W.N. Widmeyar, The Relationship between Evaluative Concerns and Sport Competition State Anxiety among Young Skiers, Journal of Sports Sciences, 18 (2000) 353-61.
- B. Rathore, S. bahadana, The Investigation of Sports Special Ability in Relation to Anxiety, Aggression and Adjustment of Rajasthan State Junior Boxiers, Journal of Physical Education & Sports Studies, 3 (1991).
- F. Guillén, R. Sánchez, Competitive anxiety in expert female athletes: sources and intensity of anxiety in National Team and First Division Spanish basketball players, Perceptual and Motor Skills, 109 (2009) 407-19.
- R. Hemayattalab, A. Movahedi, Effects of different variations of mental and physical practice on sport skill learning in adolescents with mental retardation, Research in Developmental Disabilities, 31 (2010) 81-6.
- R.R. Oudejans, J.R. Pijpers, Training with anxiety has a positive effect on expert perceptual-motor performance under pressure, The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 62 (2009) 1631-47.