The aim of the study was to find out the effects of combination of assisted and resisted sprint training on anaerobic power among male soccer players. To achieve this purpose of the study, sixty college male soccer players from Udumalpet, Tirupur District, Tamilnadu, were selected at random as subjects. The age of the subjects was ranged from 18 to 23 years. The selected subjects were divided into four groups, Group - 1 those who underwent assisted sprint training (AST) Group - 2 those who underwent resisted sprint training (RST), Group - 3 those who underwent combined assisted sprint training (AST+RST) and Group - 4 was served as control participants. The anaerobic power was selected as dependent variable and it was measured by MargariaKalamen power test. All the subjects of four groups were tested on anaerobic power prior and immediately after the study period of nine weeks. ANCOVA was used to find out significant adjusted post test mean difference of four groups. The results of the study revealed that anaerobic power of the male soccer players significantly differ and found high in combination of assisted and resisted training than other groups, similarly comparison with control group also showed significant changes consequent to nine weeks of selected training programme. It is concluded that combination of assisted and resisted sprint training significantly improves the anaerobic power of male soccer players.
KeywordsAssisted Sprint, Resisted Sprint, Anaerobic power, Watts, ANCOVA,
- P. O. Astrand, K. Rodahl, H. A. Dahl, S. B. Strømme (2003) Textbook of Work Physiology; Physiological Bases of Exercise, 4th edition, Champaign II: Human Kinetics.
- V. H. Heyward (2010) Advanced fitness assessment and exercise prescription, 6th ed, Champaign II: Human Kinetics.
- E. L. Fox (1984) Sports Physiology, Sounders College Publishers, Philadelphia.
- S. Fleck, W. Kraemer (1987) Designing resistance training programs, Champaign II: Human Kinetics.
- H. Singh (1991) Science of Sports Training, New Delhi: D.V.S. Publications.
- J. S. Greenberg, G. B. Dintiman, B. M. Oakes (1997) Physical Fitness and Wellness: Changing the Way You Look, Feel, and Perform, US: Human Kinetics.
- H.M. Barrow, R.M. McGee (1979) A Practical Measurement for Evaluation in Physical Education, Philadelphia: Lea and Fibiger.
- S. G. Jerrold, G. B. Dintiman, B. M. Oakes (2004) Physical fitness and wellness, Champaign II: Human Kinetics.